Why Your Support Is Critical
The Mitchell Institute for Fundamental Physics and Astronomy advances our knowledge and understanding of the Universe through observations, experiments, and theory. Our diverse research programs explore questions about the very structure and nature of the Universe from the lightest particles to its most massive structures and traces how the Universe has evolved since the Big Bang.
Through our work, we learn about the Universe, pose new questions, and encourage the next generation to continue our journey of understanding the past, present, and future of the Universe.
Stephen Hawking, a frequent visitor to the Mitchell Institute, describes this age-old quest as the “philosophy of our existence, our purpose, our final destination.”
We are passionate about sharing our discoveries through publications, conferences, workshops, seminars, visitor programs, education, and public outreach.
By exploring our Universe, we open the door to the future…and to all its possibilities. Please join us. Invest in the future.
Your generosity can help propel Texas A&M University as a world leader in fundamental physics and astronomy.
Please consider giving to your choice of these priorities:
- Support Research – including visitor programs, conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Support Outreach – outreach programs including the Physics Festival, Star Parties, and teacher training.
- Support Students – fund Postdoctoral Fellowships, graduate research assistantships, and scholarships for students.
- Giant Magellan Telescope – support A&M’s GMT-related activities. Visit GMT VIDEO to see how your investment can change what we know about life and the Universe.
- Give Now
Types of Funding
Financial gifts to the Mitchell Institute can take many forms − few requiring a lump-sum check. You may pledge a current gift (to be funded within five years with cash, securities, or real estate) and use matching funds to multiply it.
You may also plan a gift to be fully funded in the future through a variety of vehicles, such as a will or a trust. Invest in the spirit and mind of Texas A&M and make a lifetime difference for our institute, our school, communities, state and country.
The Development Office handles the following duties for the College of Science: Former Student Relations, Gifts to the College, and Liaison to the Texas A&M Foundation.
Contact the College of Science Development Office:
Senior Administrative Coordinator
Methods of Giving
Our giving opportunities, as varied as your interests and abilities, generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Current paid with a check, credit card, or electronic fund transfer; with securities; or with real estate
- After Lifetime bequests, IRAs, life insurance, real estate, living trusts
- Dual Benefit provide you and your loved ones with earnings, such as charitable gift annuities or trusts, real estate, and retained life estates
- Honorary & Memorial allow you to recognize others through your giving
Regardless of the method in which you choose to support The Mitchell Institute at Texas A&M, we will work with you to ensure that both you and the University benefit.
Keep in Touch
Former students may update their contact information by visiting www.aggienetwork.com and log in to update your profile.
Contact us with questions, to request a tour of our facilities or to request a proposal.
Mitchell Institute for Fundamental Physics and Astronomy
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4242
Dr. Bhaskar Dutta